COURSE CURRICULUM: Biology/Pre-AP Biology
UNIT 1: Intro to Biology Chapter 1
Lab safety and Scientific Method
UNIT 2: Biochemistry Chapter 6
Macromolecules, Enzymes, pH,
Properties of water
UNIT 3: Cells Chapters 7-9
Cell Structure and Function,
Metabolism and Transport,
Reproduction, Cellular energy
UNIT 4: Genetics Chapters 10-13
Classical and Modern Genetics
UNIT 5: Evolution, Viruses and Bacteria, Chapters 14-24
Ecology, Plants, Body Systems
How to Contact Mrs. Estes:
Materials Needed for Class:
- 1" three ring binder to leave in class
- Pencils and pens
- Colored pencils
- Note cards
Biology Expectation: Students will be expected to:
- Focus on learning Biology
- Follow all classroom rules
- Follow student code of conduct
- No non-classroom activities (no food, no grooming, water only, no phones)
- Be in your seats when the tardy bell rings
Benefits of following expectations:
- You will pass Biology
- You will pass the Biology EOC
- We will have a safe and fun environment for learning
Grading: Test will be 60% of your grade. Classroom work, homework, labs, group work, projects and quizzes will be 40% of your grade.
- Conference with student concerning inappropriate behavior
- Phone call to parent concerning inappropriate behavior
- After-school teacher detention
- Staff meeting with parent, student, teacher, principal and counselor
- Referral can be given at any step in this process if it is deemed necessary.
Late or make-up work:
- Late work will have a start grade of 70.
- You have one class period to make up missed work. It is your responsibility to ask for missed assignment.
- Monday-Friday 7:20-7:50
Student and Parent Acknowledgement Form
I have read the above information and am aware of my responsibilities in my Biology classroom and will abide by all instructions.
Student Name:________________________________ Class Period:__________
Parents ,please visit my web site for access to Google classroom. You will find it on Bullard ISD website.